Honors Physics Textbook

From: Damon Jansen (dkjansen@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu May 10 2001 - 09:54:23 PDT

Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 09:54:23 -0700 (PDT)
From: Damon Jansen <dkjansen@yahoo.com>
Subject: Honors Physics Textbook

Because of a large number of sign-ups to next year's
honors physics class, I have the chance to pick a new
book. We have been using an old version of Merrill's
"Physics Principles & Problems," which I don't like
because most to all of the problems are of a "plug and
chug" variety and don't require a whole lot of thought
or demonstrate much physics.

Do you have a text for an honors-type class that you
like (or do not like)?

Do you know of anywhere where there are reviews of or
discussions about physics texts?

Thanks a ton,
--damon