SLA-SA January Meeting announcement

From: Lapachet, Jaye (Jhl@cpdb.com)
Date: Thu Dec 12 2002 - 09:03:49 PST

Subject: SLA-SA January Meeting announcement
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 09:03:49 -0800
From: "Lapachet, Jaye" <Jhl@cpdb.com>

Send questions to Leslie Fisher -leslie.fisher@roche.com
Send reservations to Bob Berg - bob.berg@dialog.com (see full
information at the end of this message)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What Makes a Web Site Credible? -- At least in the minds of everyday
people?"

Speaker : BJ Fogg

Persuasive Technology Lab, Stanford University

 <http://www.webcredibility.org/> http://www.webcredibility.org/

San Andreas Chapter Program

Tuesday, January 14th, 2003

6:00-8:30 pm

Conference Center

Microsoft, Silicon Valley Campus

Mountain View

We kick off the new year by putting a fresh lens against our web
products: how credible are they, not to other information professionals,
who are schooled in verifying authenticity, but to the average enduser?
BJ Fogg, principal of Stanford's Persuasive Technology lab, and author
of Persuasive Technology: Using Computers To Change what We Think and Do
(Morgan Kaufmann, December, 2002), will share his insights as to how
interactive technologies change people's behaviors and attitudes. He
will also share how we can boost our internal or external web sites'
credibility, guidelines based on three years' of his lab's extensive
research.

We will begin the evening with a networking & social hour. Registration
begins at 6:00pm in the Building One Lobby. Appetizers will be available
in the meeting room, upstairs in Building One, until 7:30. The speaker
program begins at 7:30 in the auditorium. The evening concludes at
8:30pm.

Deadline for reservation: January 9th, 2003

Sponsorship for this meeting has been graciously provided by AIM,
Certified Employment Group, and Taylor & Associates.

Cost: SLA Members and Guests $25

Student Members / Retired / Members Not Employed $15

-------------------------- Detach and Mail this portion with your check
------------------------

SEE CONTACT INFO BELOW.

Name: ________________________________________ Telephone:
_______________

SLA Member: _____ Student / Retired / Not Employed: _____

Employer / Affiliation:

email: _____________________________

# tickets : Member/Guest - ___________ Student / Retired / Not Emp -
__________

Check enclosed for $ _________________

Please make all checks payable to San Andreas Chapter, SLA.

Mail reservations and check made out to San Andreas Chapter of SLA to:

Bob Berg

Dialog - A Thomson Company

50 California Street, 19th Floor

San Francisco, CA 94111-2464